- Medium progression is smoothed out to 1, 3, 10, 30, 100, etc.
- Average human stats are 6 Body, 6 Mind, 6 Soul. Competent humans will also have appropriate skills.
- Multiple Defenses will apply per attacker instead of per turn
- Characters will be awarded skill points to advance. 10 skill points may be exchanged for 1 build point.
- A character receiving first aid (a Medical [Emergency Response] check) recovers 20 health.
- Characters will recover their Body stat in health every hour (x2 with medical care, x1/2 with no rest).
Characters will be awarded a Heroic Inspiration point for various inconveniences (being knocked out, being captured, having a dependent kidnapped, when villains escape from jail, etc). They’ll be able to spend these points at the players’ discretion, for one of the following effects:
- Second wind; the character heals to full health (only when safe and out of combat)
- A lucky (or unlucky) blow; the player may alter a die just rolled to show any number desired
- A flash of inspiration; the GM gives the character a good clue or hunch
- Just what I needed; the character either finds a simple item that’s unlikely in the current environment, or can insert an unlikely element into the scene
Upon spending an Inspiration point, that character will receive 5 skill points.
Each character will have 3 Plot Hook slots. When a Plot Hook is used by the GM, that character will be awarded an Inspiration point. Players can change their plot hooks between sessions. A Plot hook could be a Location, a Villain, a Victim, or an Event.